Wednesday, 3 October 2018

A Tribute to Engr. Muhammad Ibrahim Wabi (1941-2017)

     

                       Innalillahi wa inna ilaihi raji-uon
Monday October 30th,  2017 will remain indelible in the minds of  many residents of Bakin Bulo and by extension Janbulo  for no other reason than the sad demise of their illustrious neighbour Engr. Muhammad Ibrahim Wabi (Mai Gidan Nupawa).
     Engr. Wabi who died after a brief illness is one of the most humble persons I have ever came across. He was kind and a very generous person.
     Although, I became acquainted with him while he was in his sixties he was agile and mentally alert to impart knowledge and character in me.
     One day, during my teen days I had a cause to visit his house perhaps to watch film probably  an Indian film which his family is fond of. That day I learned a great lesson. On my way getting out of the house I branched to take a bottle of water to quenched my thirst at the refrigerators stand. It is a norm in the house that every body could get a cold water for his or herself because there are many bottles of water in the refrigerators that were kept in an open space.
     After taking a bottle and drank the water to my satisfaction I eventually placed back the empty bottle back into the refrigerator mindless of what the next person may drink. It was Engr. Wabi's kind and wise intervention that alluded to me the atrocity I have committed. I was bemused! My feeling was how on this earth could I be so selfish and ungrateful? It was an act of character moulding and guidance by an excellent guardian.
     Another momentous moment I had with him was during a meeting of the Mua'zu BN Jabal Da'awah Center an organ for the propagation of Islam established by Bakin Bulo Community which he was a founding member.
     During that meeting, Ndagi, to call him by his native name, gave a significant contribution to a lady an indigene of Rogo L.G.A that embraced Islam and got wedded to a Muslim. He suggested and donated an amount of money which was giving to her together with the contributions of other generous persons as a seed capital for business. It was an act of foresight and dedication.
     He was a  pious man who in spite of his age (76) and health status held steadfast to his daily prayers so much so that his presence on the street could remind one of prayer times. He  was such a humble person who held his neighbours in high esteem. They were friends and brothers to him to an extent that they could represent him in many activities.
     Alas! we can not help but  to take solace in the saying of the prophet s.a.w that he who have in attendance of his funeral forty pious Muslims shall enter Paradise. We hope and pray that among the plethora of people that performed your funeral prayer there are forty or more pious Muslims.
     Indeed, you were a worthy neighbour, a tutelage to your family and a benefactor to the community. May you reap the rewards of your legacies and Al-jannah tul Firdausi your last abode.
     I seek Allah s.w.a to grant his two wives, fifteen children and the entire community the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.
Allahumma gafirhum war hamhum warhamna ba'adahum.

No comments:

Post a Comment